[extropy-chat] Group Hungover

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Sun Jun 13 15:17:10 UTC 2004

On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 01:48 am, Damien Broderick wrote:

> I find the next bit *extremely* puzzling:
>
>> The only people drawing ExI into this are those, like you, who keep
>> pinning one against the other.
>
> Huh? My suggestion was that people *avoid* pitting one against the
> other, even if goaded. Let the flames die down, right?

I think Natasha's point is that there is no battle between ExI and WTA.
  The recent problem with WTA Board's meltdown was an internal WTA
problem.  Some people are trying to blame WTA problems on ExI, and
other people (like you, no offense) are buying into the spin that maybe
there is a current argument going on between ExI and WTA.  There isn't.
  Some of the WTA Board refuses to work with duly elected WTA Board
members like myself, Jose and Bruce, and consider us to be "Extropian
plants" or moles into "their" organization.  They blame all our
complaints about ethical problems on the WTA Board to be "ExI attacks"
on "their" organization.  This is what Natasha is trying to defuse.  I
know of no resent battles between the two organizations.  The big
fireworks have all been internal to WTA itself.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>