[extropy-chat] 22nd century

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 20:37:12 UTC 2004

Libertarianism is 22nd century philosophy because we are evolving too slowly to know libertarianism in this century except as, I would suppose, a 'temporary autonomous zone', for lack of a better designation. I wrote: "the will to power is vastly more important to most than liberty".  If libertarians valued self-ownership more than anything they would move to a location where they could own themselves. Move to, say, the Caymans and they own themselves yet such is not evidently what they want. The FSP want to (it could be surmised) libertarianize New Hampshire, though it appears to be a Quixotic endeavor. however it is also fun; moving to a totally free location is boring. But you are correct the post rambled.

And what the hell is this empty assertion that Libertarians want power
more than self-ownership? Is this a claim that it is untrue that large
numbers of people want nothing more out of politics than to be left
alone to live their lives in peace and voluntary interactions with
others? It looks like an assertion that they are all really
power-hungry. Please explain and support these rather odd assertions.

-s