[extropy-chat] moveon.org

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 02:34:35 UTC 2004

I am surprised a person with a pile higher and deeper would confuse or
conflate anecdotal evidence with statistical evidence. Is that phud in
sociology per chance???
--- extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org <brentn at freeshell.org>
wrote:
>  (9/21/04 12:35) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Only people with no military experience are impressed with
> >Kerry's war record, according to polls, i.e. the people with the
least
> >basis for an objective informed opinion.
>

> Except for, apparently, the men who actually served -with- him. Says
a lot, doesn't it. Or do they have the "least basis for an objective
opinion."

> Of course, if you want to make a quibble over being "objective,"
I'll come right out and say that you can't be objective because you're
a right-winger (Kerry isn't) and I can't be objective because I have
Ph.D. (Kerry doesn't)

> --
> Brent Neal
> Geek of all Trades
> http://brentn.freeshell.org
>
> "Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)