[extropy-chat] Exoskeletons about to hit market

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Wed Apr 13 01:34:04 UTC 2005

I completely agree that it's asinine to restrict sales specifically to
that purpose. You could as easily use such a servo-suit to move crates
in a warehouse or boxes off a UPS truck, and be plugged into a power
source in the building. One wonders that freight companies haven't
expressed more interest (or, if they have, that it hasn't popped above
the radar before now).

I know Tesla had claimed to have gotten some sort of broadcast power
system working, and gotten a few patents on the subject. Anyone know if
such a thing really is workable? Even at short ranges, I could see a use
for it in powering a couple high-powered servo-suits (amongst a few
thousand other things).

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com
New Jersey Transhumanist Association: http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/9/05)