[extropy-chat] the structure of randomness

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 06:58:03 UTC 2005

On 12/31/05, Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> What part of "the distributions pass tests for normalcy" do you not
> understand?  There is literally, rigorously, mathematically nothing
> abnormal here.

The part I don't understand is: the distribution apparently deviated from
the bell curve; is it the case that the deviation was no greater than would
be expected by chance? If so, suppose the number of samples were increased
by some factor and the shape stayed the same (rather than converging on the
bell curve as the number approached infinity), would it start failing the
test for normalcy at some point?

- Russell