[extropy-chat] sri lanka tragedy a result of global warming?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 18:15:12 UTC 2005

<http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/news/features.php?action=fullnews&id=54059>

> Forests, mangroves and thick vegetation along or close to the coast
> also stood their ground against the massive waves that lashed the
> southeastern Coromandel coast of India Dec 26.
>
> Nagapattinam wildlife warden A.D. Baruah pointed out that the coast
> between Nagoore and Nagapattinam has seen relatively less damage
> because of a government campaign to put up plantations.
>
> Only two deaths were reported from this forested area.

Evidence instead of the stupidity of those who can't see a selection
effect when it's in front of them. Only two people died in the mangrove
swamps because nobody goes vacationing there. Everybody was on the
beaches.... doh!!!

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)