[extropy-chat] and not merely a great ethicist with lengthy hands-on Defense background

c c beb_cc at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 22:50:58 UTC 2005

...but also one who knows history inside out as well as current events. Then we might begin to go somewhere. Even so would be as in a large drawing room with a full size puzzle on the floor, each holding one or two tiny pieces of the puzzle, scratching our heads. We're like meteorologists with pencils trying to draw a map of a hurricane.
Sure, study the issues, try to get a grasp, but you'll be studying all your life.

Here's a basic mathematical certainty: when Rumsfeld says we'll be in Iraq about twelve years, you multiply it by two and you have the number 24. We will be in Iraq a quarter century? Not unlikely, we were involved the Cold War from about 1944- 1989.