Meta: Too far Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 28 11:18:52 UTC 2005

Samantha Atkins wrote:

>I find many things objectionable.  Hubert spoke from his heart.  I
> for one understand how he feels.

I think I do too. But we are not mere brutes whose feelings are
all that matters, we are homo sapiens. It doesn't take heaps of
imagination to understand a hound howling because it has a thorn
in its paw. Its just that the howling is a poor means of communication.

> If it does not need a response then why are you raising it up and
> suggesting a tally?

That was poor wording. I should not have said that. I don't want
a tally. I want to work over issues with people who want to work
them over.

> Personally I am letting a lot ride because it is not worth my energy
> and time to tease apart the in my opinion ridiculous justifications
> for the war or its continuance.

That is fair enough. Your time is yours.

> Nor is it worth my time to
> continuously check Mike as he in my opinion often gives
> libertarianism a bad name.

After the "as" and with the "often" that is not fair in my opinion and
its flamebait to Mike.

>Nor is it worth my time to engage in
> legalistic pissing contests devoid of any real understanding or wisdom.

Okay. So don't. But please be fair about it, if you have no real interest
then stay out until you do have an interest as you can only add heat
not light. Not because you couldn't add light if you did care but because
you don't care.

Brett