[extropy-chat] Posthumanity Rising

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 23:46:37 UTC 2005

Oh but Jesus doesn't want it that way. "The poor we shall always have with us", you know.

I have often thought that the best
chance for there ever to be posthumans is to create enough effective
abundance with guaranteed availability to all that no one can
reasonably worry about being able to survive and live welil. Once that
level of visceral fear is dealt with then I doubt the opposition could
get a lot of traction for hatred toward those that had decided to avail
themselves of opportunities for more. Posthumans may well be what
makes such universal and growing abundance even possible.
The moral arguments can be strong in our favor. How can we be moral
and allow everyone to suffer, often horribly, and die now that we can
or fast will be able to do something about it? How can it be moral to
be happy with just human capabilities to learn, to make a difference,
and generally "to have life and have it more abundantly"?

http://mail.yahoo.com