[extropy-chat] Booke Review: A post-human Brave New World?

Neil H. neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 06:51:01 UTC 2005

Google Alerts informed me of a book review of Kurzweil's "The Singularity is
Near," by an engineering professor at the University of Toronto. It mostly
goes about drawing parallels between the future Kurzweil predicts and
Huxley's "Brave New World."
 Personally, I think the root of the dystopia in Huxley's novel wasn't the
access to advanced technologies, but the all-controlling World State. Minus
the totalitarian government, I think Huxley's world would be quite a
desirable one to live in.
 Some snippets from the review: