[extropy-chat] why the vertebrate eye might not be suboptimal after all

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 21:44:24 UTC 2006

I agree with your friend, Damien. If ID were correct,
you would think that humans would have the best eyes
of all. We would have stable retinas with forward
facing photoreceptors and no blind spot. We would have
the night vision of cats, the distance vision of
hawks, the polarized vision of squids, and the UV
vision of honey bees, and a third transparent eyelid
like birds. As it stands, we are lucky if we have
20/20 vision. I sure don't w/o corrective lenses.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"God doesn't play dice with the universe." - Albert Einstein

"Einstein, don't tell God what to do." - Neils Bohr