[extropy-chat] no electronics at Singularity Summit???

Metavalent Stigmergy metavalent at gmail.com
Sun May 14 22:51:05 UTC 2006

I too was surprised by that, but left my Tablet PC at home, anyway.
Turns out, many people just ignored that instruction (or never even
read it) and brought cameras, laptops, and I even heard a phone ring
during the closing Q & A.

I have two years worth of written notes in my old, beat-up, and very
reliable acer c-111 tablet pc, so it seemed absurd to not bring it;
but being a Good Do Bee, I took my notes on paper and expanded and
transcribed them when I got home.  That turned out to be somewhat of
an advantage in this particular case, as it prompted me to review and
expand upon my observations in the process.  Perhaps there is a
benefit to doing things "less" efficiently for a meat-computer (brain)
that only operates as a serial processor at 100Hz. :)