[extropy-chat] the RBL racket

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 07:09:48 UTC 2006

> But spammers don't do that. They break into people's
> computers, and install malware. They steal resources
> from their victims. They're also disrupting communication,
> and give a bad name to a perfectly good medium.
> People's time is worth a lot, whether private, or
> corporate.

Then recommend community service and/or compensation for economic damage
done.

Do you know what it's like being in prison? Me neither. But I've known
people who've been in there.

Rapists and muggers, fine, I won't shed a tear for them. A cruel punishment
is appropriate for cruel men. But people who typed stuff on a computer
keyboard? Do you understand what's going to happen if you allow your
government to imprison people for that?

I stand by my original comment.