[extropy-chat] yo extropes

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Jan 8 18:37:49 UTC 2007

At 11:58 AM 1/8/2007, Brian wrote:

> >> In what sense might Americans not be so fully deserving of a Happy New
> >> Year greeting?
> >
> > This to-and-fro is going to lead straight into a cycle of what amount
> > to retaliatory trolling, isn't it? For example, I can imagine Brett
> > might reply briefly with, say, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ . But
> > that sort of discussion never seems to get anywhere useful on this
> > list, and ends up poisoning the well for weeks. (I know, it might be
> > argued that I've just done exactly that.)
>

>Apologies, I honestly wasn't sure what Brett was thinking, and sincerely
>wanted to know why he thought Americans might not be so fully deserving
>of a Happy New Year greeting (I could have made guesses, but didn't want
>to). Wasn't thinking that well-poisoning was a risk, but you know the
>list far better than I do.

I was take a little aback I support peace and non-coercive
negotiations.  But I can certainly understand why it is strange to
celebrate a festive, joyous new years when people are dying at the hands of
American troops.  And with this said, frankly it is less consequence if is
someone is sitting on the turf of America or another continent - we are the
world and maybe all of the world's citizens could have pronounced a salvo
to the past, present and future to stop needless killings and solve
problems without invasion, killings, and dominance over others.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Design Media Artist - Futurist
PhD Candidate,
<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/researchcover/rcp.asp?pagetype=G&page=273>Planetary
Collegium
Proactionary Principle Core Group, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy
<http://www.extropy.org/>Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller