[extropy-chat] ExI profiled?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 04:45:25 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ok.  I would suggest that 80% African American is roughly correct for ExI.
> I know we have perhaps 15% Europeans on this list, 5% everything else
> outside of Europe and the Americas.  Humans evolved in Africa, therefore all
> humans who live on the North and South American continents are African
> Americans, which probably is about 80% of ExI.

I would suggest that 75% of list members are currently not facing
north; more than half have a microsoft product installed on their
computer; and that 100% are consuming electricity in order to access
this list.

Where are you getting your figures, because I'm making mine up...

I can't fathom how you can get this kind of information for a list
like this.  Sorry if my absurd example seems confrontational, I really
do want to understand how anyone can even guess at these metrics - and
what they would mean if the degree of confidence were considered high
enough.

In my mind, everyone who posts here are just people with various
ideas.  Their specific biological and geographic details do not matter
(to me).  This will probably continue to be my perspective when
hyperintelligent squid are posting, or artificial intelligence is
trying to interact with humanity on this channel.  Hmm...