[ExI] Regulation vs. Freedom

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jul 16 00:24:36 UTC 2007

> I've actually had times where the trash collectors have refused to take soda
> 12-pack boxes in the regular trash because "it's cardboard". This, despite
> the fact that our town's recycling ordinance specifically states only
> heavy-duty corrugated cardboard is to be recycled (which is, apparently,
> different from some of the surrounding towns). Several rounds of phone calls
> between me, the trash company, and the town proved fruitless, and I just
> found my own solution.
>
> Put the *$#&! boxes in a garbage bag, and the trash collectors are none the
> wiser.

I've heard stories of this here as well, but not where *I* live. One area of town
has  somewhat different recycling rules. They're pretty specific.  If the trash
collectors don't like the way stuff looks they refuse to take it. And the solution
is exactly as you suggest: put the things in a garbage bag.

How absurd.

I guess eventually they'll  be examining the inside contents.

Regards,
MB