[ExI] Top ten dumbest remarks

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Mon Oct 8 19:07:23 UTC 2007

At 07:01 AM 10/8/2007, you wrote:
>On 10/8/07, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I put a September 11 conspiracy theorist on antipsychotics once, and
> > he changed his mind. He stopped the antipsychotics, and the conspiracy
> > came back. Then he went back on the antipsychotics and the conspiracy
> > went away again. Presented as an extra piece of empirical data to do
> > with as you please.

Interesting observation which fits in with evolved behavior switch concepts.

>There's a scientific approach.  What if I told you I put an
>unrepentant atheist on antipsychotics and they found god, then they
>stopped taking drugs to chemically alter their thinking and went back
>to being an atheist.

I would find that remarkable.  Perhaps not impossible, but if it were
shown to get a common phenomena it would take a lot of thinking to
come up with a way to account for it.

>That's proof, right?

It wasn't presented as proof, just an interesting observation.  It
would be most interesting to do a study about the effect of
antipsychotics on irrational beliefs.

snip

Keith Henson