[ExI] atheism

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Dec 15 23:29:33 UTC 2009

Il 13/12/2009 18.44, John Clark ha scritto:

>>> Then you lead a very sheltered life.
>> Last time I checked "Atheist" was someone that negate the existance of
>> any god.
>
> Then obviously you are not checking in the right place. Richard Dawkins
> is certainly an Atheist and yet he said that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1
> being certain God exists and 10 being certain he does not, would place
> himself at about 9.99. An Atheist is someone who thinks the existence of
> God is such a remote possibility that it's silly for the idea to play
> any part in your life.

Interesting.
So do the fact that an asteroid collision with Earth is "such a remote
possibility" make it silly to think that this could play any part in our
life?

Ths existance of God (any god) would make an important part of our
existance (call it a "black swan" if you like) that maybe a bit of play
could be useful.

Then, no one have replied to me about the fact that an "improbable" god
given enough time will become a "sure" god.
Maybe someone of this list could be the entity that will change an
"improbable" possibility to a "realized" possibility. Who know?

Mirco