[ExI] Name for carbon project

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:49:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Someone suggested Carbon+ in the mode of H+.  But more carbon isn't
> the concept.  So another suggestion is Carbon-  (Carbon minus.)

maybe use TV marketing concepts:  Free Gas*

(* just pay for processing sunlight into useful hydrocarbons)

How about calling them SolarCarbons?

  Anyone with knowledge of high-school chem would understand there is no
such thing and (maybe) ask what makes them / how they exist.  Those less
knowledgeable (or inclined to ask) would eventually get on the bandwagon
that we need more of them since smart people think they're a good idea.

  SolarCarbon:  Any technologically produced carbon-based storage of solar
energy.
(This definition rules out things like trees and algae, since nature
probably already has a patent on them)