[ExI] The Australians With No Abilities Act (AWNAA)

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 04:28:52 UTC 2009

2009/2/27 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 22/02/2009 12.36, BillK ha scritto:
>
>> But as a serious point, this is the problem that individualistic
>> societies (like libertarianism) have to deal with.
>> What to do with the half of the population that are not go-getters,
>> human dynamos always striving towards greater and greater efforts?
>> Just throw them out of your creme-de-la-creme society?
>
> If the half of the population is not go-getter, we have a very big problem.
> Solution 1: the go getter become slaves of the no-go getter.
> Solution 2: the go getter secede / emigrate as fast as possible
> Solution 3: the go getter stay, defend themselves and let the no-go getter
> starve. The no-go getter starve until they become go-getter. Three days
> without food and people start become very motivated.
> Solution 4: the go getter put the no-go getter in asylum and other places
> used to keep people unable to feed themselves. They keep them well feed,
> loved and entertained, but divided by sex, so they don't reproduce.
> Solution 5: the go getter let the no-go getter feed on them until they are
> all dead, then the no-go getter die off having no one able to feed them.
>
> Some other solutions?
>
> Mirco

6. We acknowledge that the states of go-getter and no-getter are
transient, and that everyone spends some time in each camp; thus,
severe sanctions of no-getterness will punish everyone eventually.

Also, consider that deciding who is useful and who is not can be quite
subjective. eg: Think of how bankers are judged now vs, say, three
years ago. In the general case, it is very unsafe to assume that
arbitrary others would consider your contribution positive.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting