[ExI] Jaron Lanier on AI and Singularity, not transhumanism

Sabrina Ballard sabrina.ballard at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:19:21 UTC 2010

Could someone please clarify the difference between singularitarianism
and transhumanism?

I am getting quite confused on the terminology >.<

So singulatarians believe in the impending singularity, a
technological point of no return, past which we cannot yet comprehend
technology

And transhumanism believe in becoming a human that modern day humans
would not understand

So is the difference on the emphasis, ideas, goals, or all of it? And
I'm hoping that there is some degree of overlap, or I'll have to scrap
what I think I've figured out and try again.

Thank you all