[ExI] Jaron Lanier on AI and Singularity, not transhumanism

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 10 04:00:53 UTC 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 2:19 PM, Sabrina Ballard wrote:

> Could someone please clarify the difference between singularitarianism
> and transhumanism?

All Singularitarians are Trans-humanists but not all Trans-humanists are Singularitarians, I disagree with Max in that I don't think the distinction is important in the point that Lanier was trying (unsuccessfully) to make, that such ideas are religious. It's well know that people with Trans-humanists ideas don't tend to be great fans of religion, so when they want to get our goat they call us religious. It get's old.

  John K Clark