[ExI] Wikileaks

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:49:46 UTC 2010

Eugen wrote:

>The person is not important,

The person is very important, because how he and others involved are dealt
with will determine the level of risk others are willing to take to
accomplish similar ventures in future. I'd say the press is more focussed on
Assange than the content of the leaks precisely because they understand
this.

>the press waking up to the possibility of using the Internet as an
anonymous, uncensorable informant platform is.<

If you're a decent journalist, you probably already know this. What you
don't know is if a government is unable to censor the information, how
effective will it be in censoring the person or persons responsible for
leaking it? Because as you know, *nothing* is anonymous on the Internet.
That's the great irony of our age. An unfathomable sea of information, with
your signature on every molecule of data you contribute, if someone is
determined and technically equipped and proficient enough to look for it.

Darren