[ExI] alternative gambling game

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:38:50 UTC 2010

2010/6/30 Gregory Jones <spike66 at att.net>
> While you are thinking of that, do you guys know about video poker and video slot machines?  When those games
> started appearing in Vegas in the early 80s, I confidently predicted that no one would play them, because it hands the
> software maker arbitrary power to cheat.  I was wrong, proles play video gambling like crazy.

Somebody else worries about ensuring the games are fair.  Just like
somebody else worries about the safety and efficacy of medical
products.  Just like somebody worries about the warning that coffee is
hot and electric hair driers are not to be used in the tub.  As long
as public opinion is that the gov'ment keeps the proles safe from
liars and cheats, it is free to be both.