[ExI] The "real" world

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:13:28 UTC 2010

On 24 March 2010 16:27, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> "For humans of normal weight, Sohal strongly cautions against caloric
> restriction. In a 2003 study, he and Forster found that caloric
> restriction begun in older mice – both in DBA and leaner C57
> individuals – actually shortened life span."

>From anedoctical experience I have it that the mildest caloric
restriction (that is, not eating everytime everything you can, what
used to be call "temperance") is probably better than the contrary in
longevist term. Especially where the risk of famines is moderate to
nil, so that bringing around some excess fat just-in-case does not
contribute much to your life expectation.

But whatever its effect might be, I am inclined to believe that the
choice of what you eat and/or perhaps supplement is way more important
for your health, weight control, and ultimately lifespan.

--
Stefano Vaj