[ExI] Deep roots of Quantum Mechanics [WAS Re: Psi in a major science journal...]

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:55:58 UTC 2010

On 21 October 2010 17:01, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> So it might well be that no matter how long you sit around figuring out how
> to invent a universe, all the designs involving perfect measurement have to
> be thrown in God's trashcan, and the only one that works has a breakdown at
> some scale.  The quantum scale.

Yes, OK, but while I am inclined to believe in the reality of
(marginal) psi phenomena, and even more so after reading Damien's
book, I am not sold to the idea of invoking quantum mechanics as a
simple deus ex machina for the percentage of them which is not easily
explained otherwise (e.g., unconscious body-language reading. which is
a good enough form of telepathy in my book for wishing to enjoy it in
much larger extent).

I suspect on the contrary that psi phenomena may well be the indirect
consequence of multiple, but probably "ordinary" (as opposed to
quantum) physical processes involving our brain processes or the
structure of reality itself; something which would not make them any
less mysterious, fascinating and difficult tto explain.

That is, until and unless somebody were able to provide evidence that
psi information travels faster-than-light or anything like that.

--
Stefano Vaj