[ExI] wikihow.com, was, RE: free lisp textbook, was:

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Aug 26 05:46:16 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] free lisp textbook, was: RE: ai class at stanford

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://point7.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/deep-learning-2-0/
>> http://point7.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/follow-up-to-deep-learning-2-0/

>...This sounds similar to http://www.wikihow.com/ .  I would be interested
to get your thoughts on comparing your post to what they're going for.

Thanks Adrian, I had never heard of wikihow.com, but it is just what I have
been looking for.  As a community service to a very small community, I have
been thinking of writing an article on how to make proactive repairs to a
Suzuki cavalcade to avoid a possibly fatal rear wheel lockup.  We know of at
least five fatalities and a lot of injuries from that.  I created an
account, in order to explain how to remove the secondary gear case, replace
the faulty part in such a way that it will never fail, then put it all back
together.

Question please: what if I write the article, then some silly prole fails to
follow the instructions right, and makes some mistake that causes a fatal
rear wheel lockup?

spike

Unrelated note: you may notice I have been paying particular attention to
subject line discipline, in light of our declaring a temporary open season
on "ai class at stanford."  One of the consequences of allowing an open
season on that subject is to recommend as soon as you see the topic no
longer is about that particular topic or the homework, the text or the
lectures, do change the subject line forthwith.  Reasoning: I want to let
anyone here not interested in the AI class at Stanford filter that
discussion without missing out on a bunch of stuff posted here not directly
related.  No one has complained about our open season on "ai class at
stanford" and at least one person posted offlist to agree it was a good
idea, since it is a topic of general interest to transhumanists.