[ExI] teleomeres

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Mar 3 07:54:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 12:41:36PM -0700, FRANK MCELLIGOTT wrote:
> The last line in this page is most important.
>
> "We can live for 1,000 years."
>
> Maybe Biotech in the way to the future instead of hardware and AI

In vivo patching, especially with only slightly externally augmented
onboard means is extremely difficult. I'm not sure it can be at all done.

I think the limit for that -- within what is left of our lifetime --
is maybe 20, 30 years in the best case. And I wouldn't count on it.

Will 20-30 years make a difference? Probably not.

So your only way to the future would be through the liquid nitrogen
dewar.