[ExI] Only Behavior? (Was Re: From Friendly AI to Loving AI)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat May 7 03:17:14 UTC 2011

Everyone always cracks me up, all this talk about "(behave as if he)"
and so on.  Is there nothing beyond behavior that anyone is interested
in yet?  What about the all the effing good stuff?  Is any of that
mentioned in any of the books about the future of sex?  Or is it all
just about lying behavior?

I was excited to see so much talk about BDSM, this is obviously a
minority camp, and I pity the majority that are in for a big surprise
when they fully find out how effing great true BDSM really is.  But
still, for me, even only the "pair up BM robots with SD humans" is
missing what is for me the real good stuff.  What gets me off mostly,
being a switch, is knowing what it will feel like for someone doing
something to me.  That kind of shared recursive awareness is way beyond
anything purely behavioral.  I am so looking forward to effing what that
is like to others, I bet most of you will be completely shocked, as any
behavior, talking, or anything will never get close to what it is really
like.

Fully sharing all this is still effingly impossible, you can still only
know half of what is going on, only guessing   from the 'behavior' -
really wondering if they are lying, if they are experiencing more or
less than you ever knew was possible...  Is anyone interested in knowing
such or what their partner is really experiencing?  Is their behavior
all that matters to you?  Do you always want your partner to tell you
what they need, via some behavior?  Or do you want to know, first hand,
and not just experience half of it and guess the rest through behavior?

Stefano mentioned "or perhaps better..."

Might I ask what you imagine such to be?  I hope it's more than just
behavior?

I imagine taking all these phenomenal pleasures, hard wired, like puppet
strings by my primitive creator, making me do what it wanted me to do.
I'm so pained that I must give up so much of what I want to do, in order
to spend the time to get any of this, and giving up so much of the
reverse, as I work to resist such, to be socially acceptable, and to get
anything useful done at all.  I imagine rewiring all this great stuff to
more powerfully in synch with everything I want to do, not all this
gross waist of time, anti social stuff.  And not only that, I imagine
getting my hands involved in designing and improving and hacking such
phenomenal stuff, and pushing towards becoming omni phenomenal.  I bet
there are things possible out there in nature trillions of times more
than any human has come close to experiencing, even if you only stay
with what some of the lessor animals must be experiencing when they do it.

Who cares about mindless behavior and programming such into ever more
sophisticated behavior playback machines that are only behaving as if
they are in love?

Why is everyone, especially transhumanists, so quick to miss what the
expert consensus is telling us about what consciousness, sex, and effing
really is, what it really means, and what sharing all that will be like
in the near future?  (for more info see the new proposed opening part of
the Representational Qualia camp statement here:
http://canonizer.com/thread.asp/88/1/22/11 )  Is anyone else out there
interested in more than just behavior?  It should would be nice to know,
definitively.

Brent Allsop

P.S,  I'm watching how many of you respond with the popular completely
clueless, primitive, and ignorant "Oh Gross, I don't want to know what
my partner is experiencing and share what I'm experiencing..." most
people respond to such talk with.  Seriously, I really want to know if
anyone really gets any of this, and rigorously measure how much progress
the experts are making at educating the rest of the world about what is
about to be effing possible and what the world will be like 100 years
from now.  That which you measure, improves, and if you have half a
clue, please support the "Representational Qualia Camp" and help us
educate the rest of the world.