[ExI] Fat Head (was: sorta mod version of paleo diet)

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon May 23 14:30:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:28 AM, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:

> Of course, my preferred "fast food" is fasting.  Now that I've restored and
> maintained my metabolic flexibility, fasting is no big deal.  And it's both
> cheap and convenient not to be stuck eating airport food, and not to spend
> valuable vacation time finding and eating breakfast every day, when I
> travel.

Skipping meals without pain has been a significant benefit of having gone
(Neo)Paleo (especially the low-carb version I've been on). I've been flying
on both the last two weekends, and skipped two meals both times, avoiding
lousy food, while observing many people intent on heading straight for
pizza, sandwiches, and candy to fill their desperate needs to eat.

In New York, I was pleasantly surprised that the restaurant I choose for a
group of us during the conference actually offered grass-fed beef on the
menu. Don't think I've seen that anywhere else yet.

--- Max

---
Max More
Strategic Philosopher