[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 7 22:28:11 UTC 2011

On Behalf Of Amon Zero
Subject: Re: [ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End
of the Future)

2011/10/6 spike <spike66 at att.net>

Ja, but more specifically, what is it that is being promoted with Occupy?
That is what I still don't get.

>.In a nutshell, I agree with you. I also think this is something like a
re-run of the 90s anti-Cap protests, with exactly the same flaws as you say.
I doubt it's a case that no-one has attempted to concoct realistic goals or
big-picture strategy, but all of the factions that comprise the movement
would never agree on any single conventional ideology or principle. .- A

OK so now there is a list of demands.  Of course most of them are absurd,
but there is one on that list which I have been pounding the drum for a long
time, demand ten.  We need verifiable paper ballot elections.  Demands six
and seven can be met using Zimbabwe dollars.  Demand four can be met
partially: we should offer free diplomas, kinda like what the Wizard of Oz
gave the straw guy.  spike

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-mo
veme/

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by
ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods
entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family
farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap
products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental
regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the
minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this
all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only
effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses
and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to
wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to
an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to
energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail,
Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting
forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and
decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and
live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a
paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and
party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt
forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity
loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must
be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank
Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all
Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must
also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default,
I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a
union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay
to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a
union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to
fill them without an open borders policy.

Lloyd J Hart 508-687-9153