[ExI] Expansion of the Universe

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 13:52:02 UTC 2012

> Seen galaxy collision simulations? Galaxies pass right through each
other. There is some dynamical friction, but it is very small compared to
the velocities between in-falling galaxies. You end up with two scattered
galaxies moving apart.

Two galaxies properly infested with the right kind of probes would collide
much better than what we see in a natural collision. Stars would be
decomposed to something much more suitable for a collision.

> Do you want the extra mass in order to reduce tidal forces at the horizon?

That also. But mainly as a mass/energy source for our toys.

P.S. This all may change a little, if we will be able to harness the dark
matter also.

P.P.S. This all may change a lot, if we will be able to harness the dark
energy also.