[ExI] Eden, deep memes, exodus from the Ape God

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 21:47:35 UTC 2012

2012/1/16 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> On 16 January 2012 21:48, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Although I believe technically that there may have
>> been more than one exodus from Africa.
>>

> Yes, absolutely. Only, all Sapiens come from the last one. See<http://www.amazon.com/Before-Dawn-Recovering-History-Ancestors/dp/014303832X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326747407&sr=1-1>
> Before the Dawn: Recovering the Lost History of Our Ancestors<http://www.amazon.com/Before-Dawn-Recovering-History-Ancestors/dp/014303832X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326747407&sr=1-1> by
> Nicholas Wade.

Yes, clearly. That does not imply, however, that it was just one small band
that left, just once... rather that there was a period, before which, every
person who left Africa did not leave descendents alive today.

To push what I'm saying to a ludicrous degree (for clarity), in the 1950s
some people left Africa and settled in other parts of the world, leaving
descendents. Likewise, people left Africa in the 1800s, 1500s, in the first
millennium BC, and perhaps in 30,000 bpa as well as 60,000 bpa (or whenever
that first migration with survivors took place)... multiple groups,
multiple waves.

The settling of America by Europeans illustrates the point I'm trying to
make. The Roanoke colony is like the early Homo Erectus. They came over,
but they all died. Jamestown would be the first migration out of Europe to
leave survivors with descendents alive today, but by no means was it the
last. I descend myself from Mayflower pilgrims and Mormon immigrants from
England who came over in the 1850s, among others.

While it is clear that there is a genetic Adam and Eve (though they never
met), they predate the exodus from Africa. So it seems unlikely that there
was one simple migration of one small group out of Africa.

There was an early wave that went along the coast, and then went to
Australia, and another later wave went to Europe out of Africa, for
example. It is probably VERY complex.

"If the original Africans had moved into the Middle East and north, then
why was Europe settled thousands of years after Australia, they asked in a
commentary. In Europe, Neanderthals were replaced by modern humans only
between 40,000 and 30,000 years ago, while southern Australia had been
settled as early as 46,000 years ago." from an article on MSNBC.

The "multiregional" evolutionary hypothesis seemed for a while to account
> better for the degree of differences in humankind, in principle hardly
> compatible with the limited time elapsed since,
> but I am persuaded that this is made compatible with the "out-of-Africa"
> hypothesis by the realisation that human races are the artificial products
> of selective self-breeding by human cultures.

Yes, I'm with the out of Africa crowd for sure!!!

-Kelly