[ExI] riots again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 24 14:45:03 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Charlie Stross

>...Consequently, we're dealing with people who have grown up KNOWING that
any publication whatsoever MUST HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY A GOVERNMENT...It's
going to take more than a generation to break them of this habit, and in the
meantime we're all in for a bumpy ride.  -- Charlie

Ah, excellent point Charlie.  A possible solution is that we swamp them with
actual blasphemy, not just the haphazard random event, but a concentrated,
intentional and enthusiastic  effort.  This notion was suggested to me at
lunch by one of our own, who I intentionally did not name but invite to own
the idea.  It looks to me like a reasonable strategy where we don't have
assets to protect is to drop information rather than bombs.