[ExI] local crisis

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 01:48:44 UTC 2013

My advice: let her be.  Or if you're too concerned
for her safety to let it go, tell the police all the
information you have - in particular, name the
witnesses - and let them handle it, then back off.

You do not have all the facts of the story, nor are
you in a position to render effective aid.  Without
knowing anything more than what you have said,
I can promise you that much.

This is one high school kid bullying another.
That happens all the time; even death threats
aren't front page national news.  Further, even
if this did show up in the media as you are
imagining, it would be disproportionate
retribution - and ironically could put the girl in
even more danger, from previously uninvolved
teens desperate for attention.