[ExI] shape shifting starlets, was: RE: proto-bitcoin

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:59:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:00:17 +1200, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:

> Ok, so he was a bastard but by some other comment (but whose?) he also
> treated humans as pets, right? So, the sum of his bads and goods is

Think that was me paraphrasing the character of 'Data' from one of the STTNG episodes.

But Q didn't treat humans as pets, I / Data said Q acted as if he had a fondness for the human species - much like we humans have a fondness for our own pets.

> - Battlestar Galactica, plus spinoffs - my fav, plenty of great cyborgs,
>   plenty of great fighter pilots, space tactics, techno lasses and not
>   even one f*ing magician. And the pilots make their own spirit, clean
>   engines with it and what is left, they drink. After that they either
>   fight Cylons or play cards and brawl. And after that a new cistern of
>   spirit is distilled, so they again clean their engines and throats with
>   it. I have written this already, but I will repeat - great. I was sold
>   to the show in a second when beautiful Cylon breaks neck of a child out
>   of curiosity - or for fun, she looked like both - and we hear click and
>   child stops crying. Wonderful. It gets a bit mystic by the end, but I
>   can live with this. Also, majority of humans were not too clever, some
>   were brave but overally, I rooted for Cylons most of the time. Oh, I
>   also rooted for the brave ones, too. And for the few reasonable, of
>   course.

Your talking about the remake, and yep it was pretty good I thought, right up till the last episode which had me gaging WTF!!!s for a while.

But it was the same with 'Lost' as well,  Deus Ex Machina does not happily wrap up a series as many Hollywood screenwriters seem to believe it does.