[ExI] Current uploading sales brochure?

spike spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 23 20:13:55 UTC 2013

.

>>. Some important voices here gave me a lot of grief (I was even called a
"troll")

>.Not me. I gave you a lot of grief but I never called you a troll.  John K
Clark

{8^D

Gordon, you are among friends here.  Many of us here disagree with your
notion that consciousness can never be simmed on a digital computer, but
even with that, you are among impressive company with that notion.  Penrose
makes the same case in The Emperor's New Mind.  I disagreed with that book
when it came out over 20 yrs ago, and still do: I don't think he ever reeled
in that fish.  In any case, don't go away; even if someone calls you a
troll, you are among friends here.  Make your case, drive it home.  If you
have a good reason to think consciousness can never exist in a digital or
even analog computer, do state it and let us focus on the concept, not the
man.  Present equations if you have them.  Emperor's New Mind is devoid of
equations, and even the philosophical concepts I found unconvincing.  I am a
big Penrose fan, but I think Emperor was a fumble.

Gordon, you are living inside an analog computing device that is both
intelligent and conscious.  That is an odd position from which to argue that
this phenomenon is impossible.  If you claim that a digital sim of an analog
computing device is impossible, we are listening and we want evidence,
equations if possible.  This is an important argument, for if you are right,
then cryonics is pointless as all hell.  But I still don't see it.  Do try
again sir, an no calling GTS a troll please.