[ExI] Google Air

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:16:51 UTC 2013

> David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> > <
> http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/san-jose-official-backs-plan-for-new-google-airport/
> >

> > Why is Google pursuing its own 29-acre private airport, with a 17,000 sq.
> > ft. terminal, 30,000 sq. ft. office & retail building, 60,000 sq. ft.
> > hanger, etc.?
> > It's purportedly for their executives' private jets but I suspect there's
> > something more ambitious in mind.

Google has rented hanger space at NASA/Ames for years, to house their
private 727. Doing so meant they didn't have to wait in lines or go through
Airport security. It's possible NASA changed its policy about allowing
private parties to use their airfield, or they simply wanted more control
over Google's comings and goings. In any case, I wouldn't read too much
into it.

James