[ExI] Re Atten: For any extropy libertarians

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:26:51 UTC 2013

Blast from the recent past...

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

> All this must be customized according to your specific biochemistry. We
> still know extremely little, but it seems that the 20% of the population
> with the allele for ApoE4 should keep their fat intake relatively low. You
> can find out whether you have that allele for $99 through 23andMe. If you
> do, you're also at higher risk of Alzheimers. If you have two copies, you
> 10 to 30 times the risk of developing Alzheimers.

Just got my 23andme results and I've got a single APOE4. I eat a Primal
diet. I've googled around quite a bit, but I can't really find any good
recommendations for APOE4 diets. I'm sure that with a moderate to high carb
diet, low fat would be better than high fat, but what about with a low carb
diet? What do you base your low fat recommendation on?

-Dave