[ExI] kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike planets

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Nov 5 06:06:44 UTC 2013

OK now I am more puzzled than ever.  NASA says there are about 8.8 billion
Goldilocks planets in the Milky Way alone:

http://news.yahoo.com/study-8-8-billion-earth-size-just-planets-212232920.ht
ml

I had always assumed it about 4 orders of magnitude below that number.  Now
get one of the NASA deep space imagines, and imagine all those smudges of
light each containing more such planets than there are people on this
Goldilocks planet.

I must reluctantly conclude that we are missing something fundamental, so
much so that it calls into question nearly everything we thought was true.
I just can't get my head around the notion that we are the only ones here
with all those habitable planets all over the place.