[ExI] The Problem with Drugs (was Re: kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike planets)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 23:19:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> is the "cure" worse than the problem?
>

> Ja, sure is.
>

> >…We lose more people (21,329 vs. ~17,000) to misuse of legal drugs than
> to misuse of illicit drugs. –Kelly
>

> Ja, alcohol being the big one.

This number doesn't include deaths from alcohol, it's only for things like
mistakes at hospitals, or overdoses of Oxycodone and the like.

> It was grandfathered in.  It is clear enough to me we need to just let it
> go as in trying to control recreational drugs.  I notice no one has yet
> suggested turning over drug enforcement to the IRS.

E gad!

> As a parting shot on that last comment, it occurred to me that the IRS has
> been used as a law enforcement agency in the past.  Al Capone was really
> good a understanding law: he knew how to control evidence so it would be
> inherently difficult to prosecute him.  So the feds finally prosecuted him
> on tax evasion.

If the IRS wants you, the IRS gets you.

As to driving stoned and autonomous vehicles saving us from the war on
drugs... I think that's only one part of it. There is also the drive that
many have to impose their morality upon others. They've lost the sex wars
and the rock and roll wars, and they don't want to lose the drug war too...
That would be the tripartite loss of morality in the land of the free and
the home of the brave!

-Kelly