[ExI] Warren Buffett is worried too and thinks Republicans are "asinine"

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 7 02:11:36 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato

>...But any individual mandate is an individual mandate, it is not a
employer mandate. The prole must pay the check and write the check...

Mirco, do you see why I said the ACA creates two different kinds of tax?
For one, the IRS is specifically forbidden from attaching wages, placing
liens against bank accounts or property, or from issuing criminal sanctions
against the prole.  The other taxes, they can and will do all these things.
This to me represents two fundamentally different kinds of tax.  I would
really like to hear what the IRS employees are saying about this, in the
privacy of their own offices.  This must be most puzzling to them, how the
government expects them to collect what must look to them like a voluntary
tax.

I can imagine what will happen as soon as some ballsy libertarian with a
perfectly simple earnings statement goes in for an audit with a recording
device and flat out refuses to pay the ACA opt-out tax.  She puts the
recording on YouTube, instantly a jillion hits.  That sends the message that
the IRS has diluted their authority in a failed attempt at overreach.  Then
what?

>...  To enforce an individual mandate the government must have enforcers to
stalk individual people.  Mirco

Sure, they can stalk.  But then what?  Their actual enforcement mechanisms
have been specifically taken from them.  They are free to demand, but if the
taxpayer refuses to pay what amounts to a donation, I see no recourse other
than a pointlessly repeated demand.  What is a poor IRS agent to do?  Call
her an irresponsible jerk?