[ExI] Warren Buffett is worried too and thinks Republicans are "asinine"

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Nov 7 13:10:14 UTC 2013

Il 07/11/2013 03:11, spike ha scritto:
>> ... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato

>> ...But any individual mandate is an individual mandate, it is not a
> employer mandate. The prole must pay the check and write the check...

> Mirco, do you see why I said the ACA creates two different kinds of tax?
> For one, the IRS is specifically forbidden from attaching wages, placing
> liens against bank accounts or property, or from issuing criminal sanctions
> against the prole.  The other taxes, they can and will do all these things.
> This to me represents two fundamentally different kinds of tax.  I would
> really like to hear what the IRS employees are saying about this, in the
> privacy of their own offices.  This must be most puzzling to them, how the
> government expects them to collect what must look to them like a voluntary
> tax.

I suppose it is not about what they employees of the IRS say, it is
about what their bosses say to them and what to do and how to do.

In my experience these bosses (the bosses in any bureaucratic law
enforcement structure in the world) are not all well adjusted, so they
will do incredibly stupid things thinking themselves smart and outside
the reach of law. And they could be outside the reach of law. But the
consequences of their actions can not be legislated away and will not be
ignored.

Must I remember the "Fast  & Furious" operation of the ATF?

In Italy we have a number of suicides between the small business owners
/ self employed because the tax burden is unsustainable. Many of them
found themselves unable to pay the taxes, the employees and their
suppliers.

Initially there were only suicides on the newspapers.
Then we had a few episodes of violence against the government employees
(like an armed man entering and shooting two women and not at random).
And this type of violence here is very rare, very very rare. People,
here, usually kill themselves and sometimes their wife if they are
broken by taxes or delayed/missing payments.

> I can imagine what will happen as soon as some ballsy libertarian with a
> perfectly simple earnings statement goes in for an audit with a recording
> device and flat out refuses to pay the ACA opt-out tax.  She puts the
> recording on YouTube, instantly a jillion hits.  That sends the message that
> the IRS has diluted their authority in a failed attempt at overreach.  Then
> what?

It would be interesting to hear how they will try to threat him/her
outside the boundary of the law (audit their wife, brothers, parents,
employer, and so on).

>> ...  To enforce an individual mandate the government must have enforcers to
> stalk individual people.  Mirco
>
> Sure, they can stalk.  But then what?  Their actual enforcement mechanisms
> have been specifically taken from them.  They are free to demand, but if the
> taxpayer refuses to pay what amounts to a donation, I see no recourse other
> than a pointlessly repeated demand.  What is a poor IRS agent to do?  Call
> her an irresponsible jerk?

Spike, you underestimate the wickedness of a government employee.
Higher is their position, lower is their humanity. They would find any
and all justification to do what they must and want. Like an abusive
wife will find any and all justification to beat his hubby and claim he
is abusive.

Mirco