[ExI] inernet whiffenpoof, was: RE: Tracking your internet browsing

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Oct 27 17:32:28 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:11:06AM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Btguard.com can help keep your ISP in the dark. I use it for bittorrenting

But Btguard knows your real IP address and your physical identity by
having your payment information on file.

> only though because I had a problem there. My ISP was apparently sharing my
> personal information with the RIAA and the like.

If you think that using a VPN service is sufficient, evidence shows
that it isn't.

> The power of what companies can do for me by NOT shielding myself is
> sufficient that I'm not sure I want to block what I browse.

I see you're still drinking the cool aid. Hint: whatever the
corporation knows about you the government does. That's
the price of staying in business. So, long-term, the
only companies which stay in business are sellouts.

If you're thiking that the power of companies is to offer
you the best products at lowest prices, try visiting the same
site with privacy shields on. You might see something you won't
like.