[ExI] FW: How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 13 15:15:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 06:18:06PM -0600, Bill Burris wrote:
> China has 17 nuclear power reactors in operation, 32 under construction,

China is desperate, but even so the construction has stalled.

> and many more planed for the near future.
>
> I am investing in uranium and thorium mining companies.

Your funeral. Peak nonbreeder fissible is 2020, and there
are no safe, affordable breeders.

There are niche users, like producing process heat e.g.
for tar sands in Canada. But large-scale energy production
in the inner solar system, never. That ship has sailed.
Now the renewables are eating new nuclear for breakfast.