[ExI] Human Aging

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 21:56:49 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Ben <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 14, 2014 4:36 PM, "Ben" <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> <natasha at natasha.cc> commented:

> >> ???
> >> If the DIYBio crowd and biohackers aren't transhumanists, I don't know
> >who is!
> >>

> >Sure, but not all transhumanists are biohackers.  Depending on context,
> the
> >terms are not synonymous.
>

> Agreed, although you wouldn't say "It seems she may be confusing bricks
> with building materials", would you?

Maybe; if someone was using using the terms interchangeably. We'd have to
decide whether or not the distinction is worth a side discussion.  If you
are a lumber company, the point is very relevant.  (that's a good example,
btw)

I think many people can agree intellectually with transhumanist goals at
the same time they are squicked by biohacking.  (ex: Of course I'd like a
sixth sense about the presence/strength of EM fields, but not enough to
insert magnets into my fingertips)