[ExI] 23andME - Company issues: privacy

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 21:26:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:29 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Now imagine you are a virus living in one of those.  I see no reason
> whatsoever that a virus couldn’t survive a good old fashioned deep sneeze

The droplets are too small.

> I just can’t see why that few seconds in the air would slay those viruses.

Very small things can "die", as in be torn apart at a molecular level, very
quickly.

Drop a crystal - a single crystal of typical size - of salt or sugar into a
glass of water.  Even with no further agitation of the water, how long
until you can no longer see it - until the crystal is completely
destroyed?  (Don't dump a whole spoonful in: the crystals toward the center
will be temporarily protected, but we're analogizing to individual droplets
in an aerosolized mist too small to provide such central protection.)

This crystal is way bigger than a virus.