[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:27:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 Michael Butler <butler.two.one at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> yes, I know Hawaii is convenient
>
> ​It's more than just convenient. It will be decades before a thirty meter
telescope could be built in space , the Hubble is only 2.4 meters, the thirty
meter telescope could see things 156 times dimmer. On the ground only 3
places have good enough seeing conditions for a instrument that large,
Hawaii, the ​Atacama desert in Chile, and Antarctica.  And the funding for
the telescope comes from the USA so if it can't be built in that country it
will probably not be built at all. And I blame Mother Fucking Earth and
Father Fucking Sky for that intellectual and scientific tragedy!

 John K Clark