[ExI] Zombie glutamate

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Feb 22 15:17:37 UTC 2015

There is something that is responsible for a redness quality.  And there
is something detectably different, responsible for greenness. This must
be, or the brain would not work.  This qualitative difference is the
most important part of how consciousness works. Zombie intelligence has
hardware interpreters for every single representation, that abstract
anything physical like this, away, and it doesn't matter if you
represent it with redness, greenness, silicone, +5 volts, or whatever,
as long as you have interpretation hardware to convert it into ones and
zeros.

To think that we can't isolate and discover this neural correlate of
redness, at a minimum, by discovering how our consciousness does it, is
just dumb thinking.

John, surely you must agree that there is something, physical, that is
responsible for an elemental redness quality, right?  And why would you
think we can't discover what this neural correlate is?

Brent Allsop