[ExI] SETI for Post Singularity Civs

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:58:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 4:49 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> They don't manipulate the physical universe.

### Every single one of them?

> They probably move into
> deep space.

### All the uncounted quintillions of them?

> They don't broadcast their presence.

### Not one out of a quadrillion?

> Even if humans survive our singularity we probably won't contact other
> fast-thinkers.

### Indeed, probably we won't.

> We will live in our own virtual reality, far from
> planetary systems.

### Well, where you go is up to you, but I intend for some of my forked
selves to stay around and eat as much matter of the dismantled sun as
social conventions allow. One needs a lot of fat to aestivate through the
trillions of years until the final computations can be done.

Rafal